Sunday, 21 March 2010

So me and my bf didn't know what to do yesterday. So as usual, we went DVD shopping in SS2 and bought a bunch of DVD's back. Choice for the night? Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. A poster of the movie below.


But guess what else I found again - individual posters for the main actors & actresses


Percy Jackson - Son of Poseidon


Annabeth - Daughter of Athena


Grove Underwood - Satyr (Percy's protector)

We were told not to expect too much from this movie and so I did. I actually didn't mind the movie in the end. Originally when I heard of this movie, I thought it would be one of those more serious types catered for the adults but after watching it - it was definitely catered for the kids. It was definitely a kids movie. Although there were some parts which didn't really make sense but I kept telling myself - it's a movie! LOL! Moreover, it's a kids movie! Anyway, things that I thought didn't make sense:

1. How the lightning bolt just got stolen by some kuchi-tiny-fry. Freakin hell! You would think Zeus would keep this most powerful weapon like 24/7 next to him if not locked up somewhere with like 1 million locks and only he could open them! Now that doesn't say much about the gods huh?!

2. How Percry's mum somehow knew how to get the Olympus! She's a mortal who couldn't even get passed the lift once she was there! Haha!

3. How Percy's mum married a smelly filthy scumbag who's smell apparently masked the smell of Percy's blood and therefore hid him from all the baddies who were trying to look for him. ROFL! Once again, doesn't say much about the God's right? Haha! You would think that they'd be able to see him just from above striaght away!

Having said all that, I seriously didn't mind the movie. But boy -  was my bf peeved. LOL! He really likes Greek mythology and he was angry that the movie was a measly crap attempt in incorporating the whole Greek mythology and culture into the movie. He actually said that this was as crap as Jennifer's Body! Sorry - but I seriously don't think ANY MOVIE can top Jennifer's Body. That was just shit out of the shit!

My fav character? Haha! Hands down - Grover. LOL! Am not sure if this are true for all Satyr's but he was half-man, half-goat. He was just doing the most random and funniest shit ever. LOL! There was this scene, where they were resting in their motel room and he just starts biting on a can. LOL! I know he's a goat but that really got me tickled. Haha! There was some other stuff as well but I can't remember what they were now.

This movie actually got me interested in the Greek mythlogy. So I guess, if that was just their objective of the show - then I think they have succesfully done so. Actually even thinking of going into the bookstore to find a book that I can read up on - something easy and interesting and not boring.

Comments (3)

On March 21, 2010 at 6:45 PM , Lish said...

Percy's mom knew how to get the kingdom of the gods' because she would sneak up there to hamsup Percy's father last time lar... doesn't it make all the sense? Clash of the Titans should be a more adult take on greek mythology.

 
On March 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM , Li Yen Lim said...

cannot cannot! Haha! Cause she wasn't actually allowed IN olympus.. only allowed to take lift there! but yes.. clash of the titans look good.. :D

 
On March 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM , Lish said...

she hamsup in the lift...

 

Ads By Google

Related Posts with Thumbnails